Montag, 16. Februar 2015

Tauriel archer bracers: closure hooks


UPDATE
I made a newer version for this tutorial on my new blog.
go check it out :) --> filmkostueme.ch/tauriel-belt/

 -----------





Now I really want to be done with Tauriels Archer dress, so I can start with her Mirkwood dress  ;)
--------------
Nun will ich endlich Tauriels Archer Outfit beenden, damit ich mit ihrem Mirkwood Outfit beginnen kann ;)

The bracers were almost done, except for the closure hooks.
As I told you before, it is very difficult to find some hooks or ornament rivet or something that matches for Tauriel. So I made 'em myself ;) 
It's not the exact thing, but I tryed to do a leave shape. I made the leave part out of super sculpey. I shaped it around a hook and then baked it with the hook.
--------------
Die Armschienen waren ja schon fast fertig, ausser den Verschlusshaken.
Wie schon mal erwähnt habe, ist es sehr schwierig passende Schliesshaken, oder Ziernieten oder sonstwas zu finden. Also habe ich sie selbst gemacht ;)
Es sit nicht die exakte Form, aber ich hab versucht etwas Blatt-mässiges zu formen. Ich habe Super Sculpey für die Blättchen verwendet. Ich habe sie direkt um einen Haken herum geformt und dann mit dem Haken gebacken.

After the cooled down, I painted them in gold and used a little black to add depth to the creases.
-------------
Nach dem Auskühlen, habe ich sie golden angemalt und mit etwas schwarz den Rillen mehr betont.


Then I sewed the hooks to the bracers and added thin elastic cord loops to the other side.
-------------
Dann habe ich die Haken angenäht und schmale Schlaufen aus elastischer Schnur an die andere Seite gemacht.


Et voila! My bracers are finished :D
------------
Und tada! Meine Armschienen sind fertig :D


I'm working on the belt now, so an update on that will follow soon ;)
-------------
Momentan arbeite ich am Güretl, also ein Update dazu folgt bald ;)

Sarah

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi there :D How can I buy those.. I want to make the best Tauriel cosplay ever!!! write me to isgalgar@hotmail.com

    AntwortenLöschen

I look forward to read your comments, question, thoughts...