Mittwoch, 20. September 2017

New Website/Blog

Hi everyone,

yes I know it's been ages ;) But there is a reason why: I updated my main website und now I have my blog on my page as well.

For now, I'm going to leave this (old blog) as it is, but I'm moving updating some posts for my new website and will take this  blog eventually down.

I would be very happy if you visit my new blog. :)
You find it here:

Thank you for your support!


Donnerstag, 9. März 2017

Daenerys Qarth Dress Shooting

I made a newer version for this tutorial on my new blog.
go check it out :) -->


After last weeks tutorial, I thought I'd show you my finished cosplay.
I took it with me on vacation to do a shooting :)

Hope you like the pictures. If you want to know how I made this dress, please visit the previous post.


If you want to see more of my work in progress and finished costumes, please visit my other sites:
Cosplay Amino App --> @FILMKOSTUEME

Freitag, 3. März 2017

Tutorial: Danny's Qarth dress

I made a newer version for this tutorial on my new blog.
go check it out :) -->


I know I wasn't very activ on my blog last year and I hope to change that ;)

So here's another tutorial for you. I made Dany's Qarth dress a while ago, it's one of my favorit dresses of her.

This is my completed dress:

I used silk habotai in ice blue, which I bought from I bought 10 yards, but should have bought two more to make my train wider....

At first I wasn't sure if I should get silk chiffon or habotai. I desided on the habotai as it is a beautiful sheer fabric, but not as transparent as chiffon.

I cut the fabric into 7 pieces: 4 pieces for the skirt (length measure from waist to bottom, I made the back pieces a bit longer to give it ab bit of a train, width: I just took the fabric width which was 45"/114 cm), 2 pieces for the "top" (length circa from waist to shoulder, rather make it a bit longer, you can cut it later, width, I just cut the fabric in half so the pieces are about 22.5"/57 cm), 1 piece for the train, mine is about 2 yards/1.8 meters long and 45" wide (however If I would have hade enough fabric I would have sewn two pieces together to make it wider....)

Here I just pinned the pieces to my dress form to see how it will look. The belt and shoulder patterns I found on the internet and printed tem out. Though I decided to make my own pattern later ;)

Then came the paining job... I used a golden fabric paint from Javana (I only used up a bit more then one bottle) --> I bought it from a local store.

It took me about 6 hours to hand paint all the golden details onto the fabric.. and as you can see I didn't stop at the fabric ;P I watched some tv shows while paining, so it wasn't half bad ;)

 Befor I pleated the fabric I hade to take another look at it pinned to my dressform ;)

 To get the pleates I folded and twisted every piece into a cord and tied it together. Then I used a lot of steam from my "LauraStar" iron to make it damp. (you could also put it into water and make it completely wet) Then let it dry a few days...

Make sure it's completely dry, before you open it up.

In the mean time I started on the dragon scale-like pattern for belt and shoulder pieces. It took quite a while for the pattern only....

I then transfered the pattern onto cosplayflex (which I bought from It's a thermoplastic material.  Here's the first shoulder piece....

To cut the edges I used scissors and for the holes I used a soldering iron. It took forever and my hands were burned and bruised at the end, but it was still worth it. I'm very happy with the result :)

Before spray paining the belt and shoulder pieces, I sanded everything and used wood glue as a base.

The dress before I sewed everythin together and attached it to the shoulder plates. For all the edged I used my serger.

Some detail pictures of the pinned pleates and the attached top to the shoulder plates. ( did the same with the train)

Allmost finished with the dress....

Beads for the chains that hang loose from the belt. Luckily I hade all of them laying around, except for the locusts, I bought them from

For the two tear shaped bottom pieces I used super scuply, allthough if I would do it again, I'd use cosplay flex to make them. That would have been easier and the result better/cleaner ;)
I used waxed thread to put it all together.

At the top a attached a earring hook, with those you can easily hook them to your belt and they ar not permanently fixed to it. :)

Finished belt and chains.

And some more hidden details ;) As I was very afraid, that the dress would permanently slip off my shoulders and leave me naked, I made this construction.
I attached a gold thread to each shoulder piece and in a cross you can knot them to the belt et voila the dress can't slip off you shoulders anymore ;)

And you can barely see the straps when you wear the dress.

Here you can see the bias strip I sewed to the top of my back skirt and the press buttons in the back. In the right picture the hook that attaches the train to the side of the skirt.

I guess that's it on the dress, if you have any more questions, please ask. :)

Additionally I have some words on my wig. It's a heat resistant lacefront from I love wighisfashion <3 They have such beautiful and good quality wigs.

To make it a Danny wig, I first braided the whole thing in smal braids and the pressed the braids mit my flat iron. Then let is cool down.

And that's the result, beautiful fine Dany waves from season 2 ;)

Some more pictures of the finished dress:

That's it. I hope you like my post :)


If you want to see more of my work in progress and finished costumes, please visit my other sites:
Cosplay Amino App --> @FILMKOSTUEME