Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2014

Tauriel corset front design part 2

UPDATE
I made a newer version for this tutorial on my new blog.
go check it out :) --> filmkostueme.ch/tauriel-leather-corset/

 -----------






I did it :D The front design is finished. And here's how it got onto the leather....
------------
Geschafft :D Die Verzierung auf dem Korsett ist fertig. Und hier seht ihr wie sie aufs Leder gekommen ist...



First I copied the design onto a foil. As I didn't have one that was big enough I parted it in 3 parts.
------------
Zuerst habe ich das Muster auf eine Folie kopiert. Da ich keine hatte die gross genug war, habe ich 3 Teile gemacht.






Then I taped the foil to the leater and transfered the design onto it by pushing quite hard with my pen.
That was quite the worst part of the whole process, well that and the next step...
--------------
Dann habe ich die Folie auf das Leder geklebt und druch starkes Drück mit Kugelschreiber darauf übertragen. Das war der mühsamste Teil, naja das und der nächste Schritt...



As my leather wasn't ideal for this kind of things, you could almost not see the lines on it, so I had to copie only smal portions and then had to trace the almost invisible lines with my pen. Well I have to find a better way to do this next time...
If someone hase better idea, please let me know, I would be very greatful!
------------
Da mein Leder nicht sonderlich geeignet ist für solche Sachen, konnte man die durchgedrückten Linien fast nicht sehen. Also konnte ich jeweils nur kleine Abschnitte übertragen und musste dann die fast unsichtbaren Linien nachziehen. Ich muss unbedingt eine bessere Methode finden für nächstes mal...
Wenn jemand eine bessere Variante kennt, bitte mitteilen, da wär ich sehr froh!








And then it was on to the fun part :D using my new burning pen
------------
Und dann gings weiter mit dem coolen Teil :D
Mit meinem neuen Brennpeter




 



And this is my final result. Although it doesn't really looks like the original, I like it very much and think it looks awesome. 
Let me tell you guys, this burning pen is such a cool tool, I'm a huge fan of it now and am looking forward to using it again :D
---------------
Das ist mein Resultat. Obwohls nicht gleich aussieht beim im Original, bin ich sehr zufrieden damit und finde es sieht super aus.
Und ich sage euch, dieser Brennpeter ist der Hammer! Ich bin richtig fan davon und freu mich schon auf den nächsten Einsatz :D








Now it's time to put the corset together. I alway feel very excited when it comes to putting things togehter and seeing the final result ;) So stay tuned, next update follows this Friday.....
---------------
Jetzt ist es Zeit das Korsett zusammen zu setzten. Ich freu mich immer sehr wenns langsam richtung Fertigstellung geht und ich dann sehen kann wies aussieht ;) Also bleibt dran, das nächst Update kommt diesen Freitag.....

Sarah

4 Kommentare:

  1. Hi! I'm in the though process for this cosplay and was wondering what sort of leather you used? And if you ordered it online if you still have the website? This entire cosplay is so amazing! You're a wonderful seamstress :3

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Grace, thank you so much you're sweet :)
      Actually the leather for the front piece is from a very old leather sofa ;) not sure what kind of leather it is exactly, but it's about 1.2 - 1.5 mm thick. The thin leather I bought from http://www.lederhaus.de/?v=&l=e&action=warenkorb
      it's a German shop, they have different leather qualities, also thick leathers and harness side leather, which is great for transfering designes onto, but you would have to dye it yourself (after the tooling or burning)
      Hope this helps :)

      Löschen
  2. Vielen Dank für die Nutzung des Brennpeters, das hat mir bei meinem Projekt extrem geholfen.
    Für die Übertragung von einem Design auf Leder habe ich auf einfaches Kohlepapier zurückgegriffen. Vielleicht hiift es dir ja beim nächsten Lederprojekt.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi :) freut mich, dass dir mein Input geholfen hat. Und vielen Dank für den Tipp mit dem Kohlepapier, das werd ich sicher ausprobieren :D

      Löschen

I look forward to read your comments, question, thoughts...