Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2014

Tauriel: fabric cutting and trim tests

UPDATE
I made a newer version for this tutorial on my new blog.
go check it out :) --> filmkostueme.ch/tauriel-suede-garb/

 -----------


Over the weekend, I had some more time for Tauriel ;)
------------
Ich bin bereits wieder etwas weiter gekommen mit Tauriel ;)



I needed about 2.5 m fabric, it was a close call, I advice to rader by some more ;)
-------------
Ich habe ca. 2.5 m Stoff gebraucht, war eine knappe Geschichte, lieber etwas mehr kaufen ;)







At first I cut the fabric only roughly and ironed on some fleece insert. The material was a bit to thin to look like leather.
-------------
Zuerst habe ich den Stoff nur grob zugeschnitten und dann eine Klebeeinlage aufgebügelt. Das Material war mir etwas zu weich für ein Lederimitat.


Here's my test for the edging, the string is a bit to thick yet, but otherwise I like it.
-----------
Hier hab ich einen Test gemacht für die Paspelnaht, ist mir fast noch etwas zu dick, aber sonst gefällt es mir.






And another test on the trim. I know it's quite not perfect yet, but I'm no the less very happy with the outturn. It looks the way :)
By the way it's a fishnet stitch with a cord sewn in on either sides.
-------------
Und noch ein Test für die Nachtverzierungen. Es sieht noch etwas unregelmässig aus, aber ich bin echt happy mit dem Ergebniss :)
Das ist übrigens der fishnet Stich und auf beiden Seiten  habe ich etwas Garn eingenäht.


That's it for now
-------------
Das wars für heute

Sarah



2 Kommentare:

  1. What fabric did you use? In the films it looks like suede leather and either you're using that too or a very realistic substitute.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi, no I did not use real suede leather, it's a faux one, which I bought this one: https://www.stoff4you.de/Leder/Kunstleder/Velour-Kunstleder/Velourleder-Imitat-Lodengruen.html
      But it seems to be out of stock at the moment. I ironed on some interfacing to it, to make it some what stiffer.

      Löschen

I look forward to read your comments, question, thoughts...